This delightful corn chowder doesn't require hours of preparation and cook time since it is made with canned cream style corn. Serve with a fresh green salad and crusty rolls, and you have a scrumptious easily-prepared meal that will leave you happily satisfied.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cans of cream style corn
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces shredded colby cheese
- Put potatoes in large pot and season with salt.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until tender.
- Meanwhile, saute onion in butter until golden and translucent.
- Add in corn and bacon, heating thoroughly.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot.
- Add milk and heat on medium high heat.
- Stir in corn mixture and shredded cheese.
- Heat through.
Makes 12 smaller servings or 6 main course servings
Looking for a great (not to mention easy) low cal low fat dessert? Try raspberry tortillas.