The first weeks home with a newborn are both delightfully joyous and overwhelming exhausting. The challenges of the new parents are to not only nurture their newborn but also nourish themselves. If you are looking for a quick and easy, healthy recipe to feed an expanding family, this comforting chicken casserole is a perfect dish.
What you'll like: This recipe is adapted with lower fat, lower sodium ingredients. It can be put together ahead time and frozen. With only five common ingredients, it is easy to prepare. And finally, it serves 6 and works well for large families or provides leftovers.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 4 whole chicken breasts, cooked and cut into pieces
- 1 can Campbell's Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Campbell's Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Celery Soup
- 8 oz. package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. bag stuffing mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cooked, cubed chicken pieces in the bottom of a 9 X 13 casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix both soups and softened cream cheese together. (It's ok that the cream cheese will remain a bit lumpy. It will turn into gooey-goodness in the oven!)
- Pour the mixture on top of the chicken.
- Prepare the stuffing as directed on the bag.
- Gently spread stuffing on top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. If frozen, increase the baking time to an hour and a half.