For many families, summer is filled with special events such as graduations, weddings, and vacations. However, there are also plenty of smaller moments that are worthy of a place in your scrapbook. From her first popsicle to her first dip in the swimming pool, summer is a fabulous time for creating memories to be preserved in special baby scrapbook layouts.
Summer scrapbook ideas might include:
- Covering baby in sunscreen
- Baby lying in the shade or dressed in a floppy hat
- Baby's first popsicle
- Baby's first ice cream cone
- Enjoying fresh fruit salad
- Swimming for the first time
- Going to the beach
- Watching Mom blow bubbles
- "Helping" older siblings or cousins draw with sidewalk chalk
- Playing with a pinwheel
- Lounging around the house in nothing but a diaper on a really hot summer day
- Attending an outdoor carnival
- Having a picnic
Design Ideas for Summer Scrapbook Layouts
Orange and yellow are the most popular color choices for summer scrapbook pages, as these colors convey the bold energy associated with the season. However, if you're not accustomed to such vibrant shades in your baby scrapbook album, you can offset these hues with white, cream, or tan accents to tone down the look a bit.
Additional embellishment ideas for summer scrapbook layouts might include the following:
- Write your journaling in the middle of a large sun shaped die cut.
- Color your own patterned paper with several different shades of scrapbook chalk to accompany pictures of children drawing on the sidewalk.
- Glue a bit of sandpaper across the bottom of a sheet of blue cardstock to make a fun background for a summer baby scrapbook page about your child's first trip to the beach.
- Stamp circles on a sheet of paper using VersaMark watermark ink for a subtle tone-on-tone background that complements pictures of children blowing bubbles.
- Make a pinwheel embellishment for your summer baby scrapbook layout by cutting diagonally along the corners of a square of patterned paper, folding them towards the center, and securing with a brad.
- Use a woven friendship bracelet as a casual looking border for your page.
Journaling for Summer Scrapbooks
Summer photos are often very dramatic, needing little in the way of additional explanation. However, you should always make an effort to include basic details such as the name of the people in the photo, where it was taken, and when the event occurred.
Here are some ideas for titles for summer scrapbook pages:
- A Little Ray of Sunshine
- You Are My Sunshine
- Sunny Days Are Here Again
- Sunny Days, Sweeping the Clouds Away
- Walking on Sunshine
- Sunshine on My Shoulder
- Some Like it Hot
- Summer Lovin', Had Me a Blast
- Endless Summer